Event Coordinator Internship
Contract: Fixed term internship running from the beginning of August until 7th October 2016.
Hours: 09.00 – 17.00 part time at 3 days a week (full flexibility needed in week during conference as this could potentially be more)
Location: South Kensington, London
Pay: £9.40 per hour (London living wage)
Closing date: 9.00am on 28th July 2016.
About the role
Want to get some real experience in events?
We are looking for a highly organised recent graduate to help us deliver our annual conference. It will be your job to make sure things run smoothly in the lead up to and on the day of our conference in line with the event plan. You will need to be confident in communicating with people at all levels and able to think on your feet. The role The events coordinator internship will give the successful candidate experience in running a medium sized conference. This role will touch on lots of aspects of event delivery including some marketing communication.
- Plan the logistics of the event to ensure it runs smoothly
- Administer bookings and delegate registration
- Deal with client and customer enquiries professionally
- Monitor budget and spend
- Maintain good relationships with venues, delegates, speakers, exhibitors, suppliers and sponsors
- Liaise with external supplier and venues
- Use Collections Trust’s communication channels to promote and secure delegate participation
- Sell sponsorship opportunities
- Create, send and analyse customer feedback survey
- Update and maintain contacts on the CRM system
- Update conference content on the website
- Provide administrative support the team as required
- Perform other additional duties as may reasonably be requires from time to time
Knowledge and expertise criteria
This internship is aimed at recent graduates looking to get event experience.
- Some experience working at events
- Strong organisational and communications skills
- Ability to prioritise, set and meet tight deadlines
- Initiative and adaptability
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A positive, proactive and entrepreneurial approach
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Commitment to delivering a quality experience and customer service
- Presentable appearance
- The ability to work well with people
- Strong ICT skills
- Some experience of running an event/s
To apply please email your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you address all of the above criteria. The interviews will take place 2nd August 2015 and the successful candidate will be required to start on or ideally before 8th August 2016.
The Collections Trust is committed to encouraging people to consider a career in the museums sector.
The Collections Trust does not hold or work directly with collections but rather with museums and collecting organisations to guide and improve collections management practice within those organisations.
We run professional development opportunities throughout the UK about different areas of collections management practice and aim to develop, promote, maintain and improve standards of collections and information management in cultural institutions. A significant part of our work is funded by the Arts Council of England to support nationwide programmes such as the Museum Development Network and Accreditation Scheme.
We also work on some EU projects in collaboration with Europeana.
If you’re looking to get hands-on experience working with collections we might not be the best fit for you but if you haven’t already checked them see the following websites for opportunities:
Arts Council Jobs Board (also has volunteering/work experience opportunities)
The Collections Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in all our employment and recruitment practices.