The professional association for people working in Collections Management
We are an independent UK Charity with an international profile. Our success is built on nearly 40 years of experience working with the professional community, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled track-record of innovation.
We receive funding from various national partners including Arts Council England and national organisations in Scotland and Wales.
All of the Collections Trust's work is based on achieving our 5 Strategic Aims, which are to:
- Connect the public with collections
- Develop the collections workforce
- Demonstrate the value of good Collections Management
- Build digital capacity for museums, archives and libraries
- Deliver an excellent organisation
The Collections Trust is a charitable company (Registrered No. 273984). We are proud that our charitable purpose today is the same as it was when we were founded in 1977:
- To promote the education of the public by the development of museums and similar organisations by all appropriate methods;
- To develop, promote, maintain and improve standards of collections and information management in museums, art galleries, heritage organisations and other collecting institutions;
- To provide services and resources which improve the standards and methods of collections management and use.
Free registration is available for this website. Benefits of registering include:
- create your own profile;
- have unrestricted access to all resources
- add comments to blog discussions;
- store your details for the shop;
- receive a license to make non-commercial use of the SPECTRUM standard;
- receive a fortnightly e-newsletter with the latest news and comment; and
- be kept up to date with the latest initiatives being taken by Collections Trust.
To take full advantage of our website REGISTER NOW.