Nick Poole, CEO of Collections Trust was invited to speak in Stockholm last week.
The aim was to:
- Tell colleagues in Sweden about the work of Collections Trust;
- Talk about the European projects we are taking part in;
- Discuss with a consortium of Swedish museums about adopting SPECTRUM as their national standard.
Nick tells me that SPECTRUM has been received enthusiastically there. For example the City Museum of Stockholm had produced a set of Guidelines to Documentation based on the standard, and the consortium is proposing to use these as the basis of a full Swedish translation.
Also at the event were representatives from:
- Germany – Giving their experience on the translation and localisation the SPECTRUM that they have been doing for the last few years.
- Norway – who are talking with the Swedes about producing a joint ‘Nordic’ translation and localisation.
It will be interesting to hear about ‘SPECTRUM Scandinavia’!